The mission of the Bartow County Schools’ Gifted Education program is to identify, challenge, support, and inspire gifted and talented students through differentiated learning opportunities designed to meet their unique academic, social, and emotional needs.
The purpose of gifted programming is to provide gifted education services to students who have the potential for exceptional academic achievement in grades K-12.
Bartow County Schools’ students will be referred, assessed, and identified for gifted services. Through participation in the gifted program, students will have opportunities to meet their unique needs.
1. Gifted students will develop Advanced Research Skills.
2. Gifted students will develop and practice Creative Thinking Skills.
3. Gifted students will develop and practice Higher Order Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills.
4. Gifted students will develop Advanced Communication and Collaboration Skills.
5. Gifted students will develop an Emotional Development of Self. Students will develop understanding of self and how one’s own unique abilities influence interactions with others.
6. Gifted students will further develop Self-directed Learner. Students will become self-directed, independent- learners.