Parent Engagement Night Schedule
(This list is subject to change)
- August 2020: Open House— Welcome to Red Top Middle School! This is our first chance to meet and form the relationships that will benefit your students throughout the whole year. Don’t forget to stop by the Parent Engagement Room! We will also have our open house posted online for families who are unable to come meet their teachers in person.
- August 2020: Digital Learner Orientation— Parents will have an opportunity to learn about the technology resources and tools available to their students, how to access them, and how to troubleshoot basic problems.
- September 2020: Annual Title I Parent Meeting—Learn about our Title I designation and how we plan to make this a successful year for all students. This is posted on our website.
- September 2020: Parent-Teacher Conference Night—Parents and teachers will have the opportunity to schedule conferences to discuss students’ achievement. Parents will have the opportunity to sign up for video or phone conferences with their student's teachers.
- November 2020: Family Literacy Night—Parents and families will have the opportunity to learn strategies to engage their students in reading and writing. This was posted online on our school website as well as Facebook.
December 2020: MAP Testing Night- Parents will learn about our upcoming MAP testing, what we do with the results, how to read the family data report, and how this can benefit their student.
- January 2021: High School Transition Night– 8th grade students and families will have the opportunity to come and meet with counselors and advisors from the high schools to answer questions about their transition.
- February 2020: Family STEAM Night – Come learn more about spheros robots, ozobots, coding, and get a different STEM lessons from Georgia Highlands College and Georgia Power! This will be a digital parent night hosted on our website and Facebook. Parents may sign up to get a supply kit delivered to their student ahead of time. We will play games and have a trivia competition.
- February 2021: Parent-Teacher Conference Night—Parents and teachers will have the opportunity to schedule conferences to discuss students’ achievement. This will be a digital conference night where parents can sign up for a phone or video conference with their student's teachers.
- March 2021: Milestones Informational Meeting—Come hear about the testing that will take place in April. Learn ways to help your child be prepared and ready for the tests. (tentative)
- May 2021: 5th Grade Night– 5th grade students and families will meet with staff and administration to begin building important relationships that will benefit their students in the transition to middle school.
- May/June 2021: Parent Input Meeting: Parents will have the opportunity to provide input on Title 1 spending, resources available to their student, our school improvement plan and parent engagement plan, and other policies affecting their student and family.